Paro being located near the only international airpot in Bhutan, this festival tour is most sought and experienced by the tourists. Hence, we have made all possible arrangements and taken care to offer and in-depth experience of Bhutan. This itinerary includes one of the glorious Himalayan Buddhist dance festivals, Paro Tsechu, visit to Thimphu, Punakha and Wangdue valley driving over the Dochula pass.
Tour Duration: 8 Nights/ 9 Days
Festival Schedule: 23rd – 27th March, 2013
Group Size: Any
Includes: Visa and tourist fees, accomodation in Government approved tourist-class hotels, English speaking licensed Bhutanese tour guide, transports, meals, fees to enter sites, and applicable taxes.
Excludes: Drukair fares, phone calls, any kind of insurance, medical, excess baggage, laundry and anyother expenses that are not mentioned above.
Day 1: Paro – Thimphu
- Arrive at Paro airport, after immiration and custom formalities, your guide for the trip will receive you and transfer to the Capital city, Thimphu.
- On the way visit to the Semthoka Dzong.
- The guide will take you to the Hotel and Lunch.
- Visit Handicrafts Emporium to see the exquisites artistry of traditional crafts and textiles.
- Over night at Thimphu.
Day 2: Sight-seeing at Thimphu
- Whole day tour of Thimphu
- Visit to the National Memorial chorten
- National Library
- Folk Heritage Museum
- Tashichho Dzong
- And important sights at Thiimphu.
- Shopping if any.
Day 3: Thimphu – Punakha
- A 3 hour drive through the picturesque valleys and mountain slopes.
- A tour to the Dochula-pass.
- Punakha Valley sight-seeing.
- Overnight at Punakha.
Day 4: Punakha – Gangtey – Thimphu
- In the morning, visit the Punakha Dzong which is the old capital of bhutan and is the winter residence of His Holliness the Je Khenpo and the central body of monks.
- On the way to Gangtey, visit Wangduephrodang dzong, built in 1638.
- While in Gangtey, Visit Gangtey Gompa- built in 1613.
- Explore Phobjikha valley, famous for the Black Necked Cranes during winter.
- Drive back to Thimphu and overnight stay.
Day 5: Thimphu – Paro Tsechu
- In the morning return back to the Paro to witness the Paro Tsechu Festival.
- Paro Valley sight-seeings.
- Visit Kichu Lhakhang- built in 659 A.D
- Overnight at Paro.
Day 6: Paro Tsechu
- Witness the festival.
Day 7: Paro Tsechu
- Witness the festival.
- Visit to important historic sites and monuments.
Day 8: Paro Sight-seeing
- Excursion to Taktshang Monastery, Tiger’s Nest.
- Experience unforgettable view of Mt.jhomolhari.
- Farewell dinner and overnight at Hotel
Day 9: Departure
- After breakfast, drive to the airport on time to catch your flight